Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Don't Laugh . . .



at my first doll dress - I'm actually quite proud. I made my first doll dress for the Princess' American Girl doll. Her birthday party is going to be a tea party this Saturday at a local cafe. I found a cute little dress that is white with brown polka dots and a brown sash and haven't been able to find a matching or similar dress for the doll to wear to the tea party. So, I decided that, by gosh, I could make one.

I looked for similar material, but could only find brown material with white polka dots. So, I opted for that with a white sash. The princess has been home with the flu (yes, the full blown type A flu - got the official diagnosis today) for the past couple of days, so I've been home from work and decided to try my hand at doll dress making.

Wouldn't you know that I actually found an incredibly pink, girly, poufy, swirly, shiny, princessey dress at the sale last night that is perfect for the tea party and the Princess put it on this morning and is absolutely in love with it, so neither will be wearing the brown dresses for the tea. The doll has a pink dress that is similar to the new pink dress, so they will both be in pink. Oh well - I still love the way this doll dress turned out and they can wear the dresses to church together. I learned alot on this first dress, and I'm anxious to make more.

The princess may be able to go back to school on Thursday, depending on the fever and how she feels. The doctor seems to think that she'll be fine for the big birthday party this weekend - I hope so!! It's going to be a fun party and all the girls are so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment